Mason's Entrepreneurship & Innovation team believes that we thrive together, and in that spirit, act as leader, collaboration-builder, and champion for innovative and entrepreneurial students, faculty and staff.
Growing the startup culture
The Office of Entrepreneurship and Innovation works university-wide to strengthen and develop programs, integrate curriculum, and provide resources tailored to the needs of the Mason community. Creating a culture of collaboration among various university deparments, schools and colleges, and administrative units our team works to achieve the shared goal of growing and sustaining Mason's entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Karen Livingston, Associate Director for Entrepreneurship Programs, is leading the team in expanding and stregthening the university's entrepreneurial ecosystem; growing the university's entrepreneurship initiatives and programs, championing curriculum integration, and developing our entrepreneurial footprint.
Office of Entrepreneurship and Innovation offices are located in the MIX @ Fenwick on the Fairfax Campus.
Fostering a culture of innovation, creativity, risk-taking, and entrepreneurial thinking our team works to:
- Mentor and support Mason entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs (for-profit and non-profit)
- Assist student, faculty, and staff explore their business idea
- Provide access to a network of venture leaders
- Connect students to university entrepreneurship and innovation programming
- Provide experiential opportunities for students to learn how to run a venture
- Develop and integrate entrepreneurship curriculum across the university
- Offer internship opportunities at startups
- Run workshops and events around entrepreneurship and innovation
- Provide a common space for entrepreneurship and innovation activities (The MIX)
- Engage with faculty on innovative research
- Attract thought leaders and partners to participate and support the ecosystem