The Mason Innovation Lab serves as a crucial node in Mason's innovation eco-system. The lab provides physical space, a community and a process that serves to support and accelerate teams of Mason innovators and entrepreneurs.
While the lab is managed by the School of Business, its programming is available to innovators and entrepreneurs from all of Mason's colleges and schools. Teams accepted to the program complete an innovation and entrepreneurship curriculum, receive dedicated space in the lab, work with experts and mentors, and participate in activities designed to move their project forward and towards a strong business model. Participating teams receive small innovation stipends during their time in the Mason Innovation Lab.
Benefits for Participants
Teams accepted to the Mason Innovation Lab benefit from:
- Mentor matching with expert faculty from across Mason and domain/industry experts from throughout NOVA and D.C.;
- Business model and product development curriculum; including sessions with dynamic thinkers and practitioners throughout the D.C. Metro innovation and entrepreneurship community;
- Stipends for team members allowing greater freedom to focus on their projects;
- Dedicated workspace for team members in the Mason Innovation Lab;
- Regular pitch practices and meetings with their peers and mentors;
- Public Patriot Demo Day attended by investors, entrepreneurs, business leaders, policy makers, and Mason Community Members;
- Company and onsite visits throughout the Northern Virginia and Metro D.C. innovation and entrepreneurship community;
- Opportunity to learn from and with other teams in the Lab during regular cohort meetings and day-to-day work on projects.